Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Missing My Boys

I've only been away from my two furry boys (well...three if you count C) for three days, and it feels like it's been a MONTH since I've seen them!

The first time I left the gerbils for an extended time was in 2008. When I returned, Pendy and D took turns scent-marking me! I also got many gerbil-kisses as a "welcome home" greeting. I was worried that they might forget about me, or lose interest, but their love for their mama was still apparent, as was my love for them! Plus, it was not as if they were left entirely on their own. Their "grandparents" and their "uncle" J took quite good care of them, and from what I could see, they had been spoiled!

Pendy and Tig will be traveling by car with C to meet up with me in time for Christmas. Pendy is a pro at riding in a vehicle. We put him in his critter-carrier and carry him out to the car (where his tank is already waiting). There, we place him in the tank, and repeat the process with Tig (in his own tank, of course!) We remove the wheel and the water dish from the tank because we don't want the gerbs to get injured, or have to sleep in wet aspen!


Safety first! Buckle up, boys!

C will stop periodically on the drive to give them water, and their wheel for a little entertainment. Of course, the gerbs will have plenty of cardboard tubes to chew on during the drive.

 

C will make sure to take many breaks, as it is quite a long drive. Tig is an adventurous little gerbil, so I imagine he will take to the drive quickly. Forget Christmas - I am counting down the days until I get to cuddle my three boys again!


Tig enjoys a good book. Perhaps he will read on the drive?

3 comments:

  1. Only 3 sleeps until the boys are there getting spoiled by you! :)

    They're going to be so wild on the drive! I just know they'll be itching to run around and explore the car!! I'll be stopping lots and letting you know of their progress!

    They can't wait to see you again! :) They overheard when you said they have lots of tubes waiting... they're jazzed now! Running super fast in their wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute!!

    Drive safe boys :) And stop for lots of coffee! Well, C that is.. maybe don't give the gerbs coffee!

    ReplyDelete