Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Gerbs Enjoy the Holidays, Too!

I especially enjoy the holidays for it gives me an excuse to make little crafts for the boys!

Last year, I pulled some materials together and painted snowflake ornaments: one for Pendy, one for D!



The boys also needed something to set out for "Santa Paws". We set out some yummy gerbil treats, and I put together a couple of stockings in which to receive presents!



Although D has left us in body, he has not left us in spirit :) We hung up his stocking and ornament in his honor!

Tig, alas, had nothing, so today I painted this ornament for him:



I haven't made a stocking for him yet, but if I run out of time I will make sure Santa Paws knows to drop off some gifts for Tig! Next year, my goal is to create a gerbil tree-topper. The holidays are for rodents, too!

2 comments:

  1. Awww I love the ornaments!! :)

    I seriously think you should sell your stockings on ebay. Rodent lovers around the world would kill for those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ornaments too! Santa Paws will definitely find them! Lots of treats for being so good, and so cute! :)

    Maybe next year, we could make a little gerbil friendly tree!

    I'm thinking paper towel tubes, with some pumpkin seeds and other treats sprinkled on and underneath it! They could explore it (albeit separately) on the couch or bed!

    ReplyDelete